LIANE network is made by cable distribution and connecting components
(repeaters, bridge, routers, microwave links) and covers all other
connected equipments (computers, servers, computer classes, backuping
sources, modems and so on). User of LIANE network is a person who makes
use of central services of network LIANE.
Administrator of LIANE network is SOS/SIS (network operational and
informational centre). For communication with SOS/SIS is possible to use
Access to LIANE network
User of LIANE newtork can become every employeer or student of Technical
university of Liberec, who
- fill form "User registration" (placed on every study department of
- by his/her subscribe commits to adhere to these rules.
- approve his/her student/emploeers relation by confirmation of
institute director or by study department (students)
After sending the form to SOS/SIS LIANE is user registered and accounet
is created for him. This account is provided for
- employeers of TU Liberec on indefinitely time, ending with end of
- students TU Liberec for one shool year. Validity of account os
automatically enlarged for one year in th case when student signs
himself for next shool year by the list delivered from study
departments. So student's account is valid whole period of studies.
New users gets his username and password. He is obliged to change his
password after first login. Validity of password is limited by time.
After its expiration system echoes message:
Your password has expired.
and user is forced to change his password. User is obliged to keep his
password secure and takes the reponsibility for a claims caused by
result of abuse of his account.
Central services of LIANE network
Central services of LIANE network are provided for all of its users. It
covers all services offered by central servers of LIANE network. These
- interactive access to services of computer network LIANE
- possibility for use of instaled progam equipment
- limited disc space for individual use
LIANE user is responsible:
- pay attention to security of his user account.
- pay attention to not to bring virus infection to central LIANE
- behave during the use of services by way, so other users aren't
- inform SOS/SIS about all relevant incidents (change of user name,
change of institute, finiching emplonment).
- By filling form "Computer registration" register every new computer,
inform SOS/SIS about changing network card or moving the computer to
other segment (to other building).
- Inform SOS/SIS about detected defects in network security.
- Inform SOS/SIS about planned absence, when duration exceeds three
months (account will be during this time closed, so it is protected
against possible misuse; e-mail is functioning without changes).
It is forbidden to:
- Copy and carry away commercial program equipment installed in LIANE
- Trying to intersect to the systems, which isn't user allowed to use.
- Encroach on cabling and connecting items LIANE including their
power-off without significant matters.
- Damaging or enabling of damage program or technical equipment of
- Connect to LIANE any equipment without consulting it with SOS/SIS
and without its agreement.
- Connect ro LIANE equipments, which doesn't meets the standards and
can cause health hazard or person's life, damage of network or other
equipment or negatively affect network traffic.
- Make use of any LIANE service for commercial purposes (trainings,
providing information and data from the network, communication with
customers and so on).
- Make access of LIANE service (user account) to other persons.
- Use LIANE in conflicts with laws.
Right SOS/SIS LIANE
Administrator of LIANE is entitled to:
- Distribute adresses and names of computers connected to LIANE
- Switch off network segment, which prohibits the traffic by its load
- In the case of unfair use of operating instructions close account
for some time or totally invalidate an account of corresponding
- Monitoring a network traffic (for example for diagnostic purposes).
Expiration of account
User account in LIANE nework ends:
- On user demand.
- For employeers by end of employnment on TU Liberec.
- For students by end of the studies.
- In the case of breach of discipline when using LIANE network.
Services of non-central computers
Rules for use of servers (or computers with multiuser opration system)
installed in TU Liberec, which aren't in SOS/SIS administration sets a
user registrate administrators of these servers. Administrators are
- Consult connecting of server or computer with multiuser opration
system to LIANE with SOS/SIS beforehand.
- Consult changes in technical and program equipment, which can bear
upon connecting the computer to LIANE.
- Ensure that eventual anonymous user or user of their somputer, which
isn't employeer or student of school don't have access to any
service but in in this computer.
If computer offer services which aren't running on it, administrator is
responsible for making the rules of computer use and their abiding by
the computer users. If administrator isn't capable to preserve correct
behaviour of the users of computer administrated by himself, this
computer will be switched off from the LIANE.
Don't keeping of these rules by employeer of TU Liebrec will be
considered as violence of basic responsibilities of worker by s. 73 par.
1 c) and d) law-book of work. Contravening of these duties is
contravening of work discipline and TU can apply its rights to draw
consequences, ending with end of employnment. About disputable cases
When student of TU Liberec don't keep these rules, this case is
considered as violence of responsibilities resulting from law 172/1990
about high-schools 26 par. 4. In unity with this law and statut of TU in
Liberec provot of faculty or disciplinary committee can set disciplinary